Linksys extender RE6400 setup and configuration
Setting up Linksys extender allow connecting to the extender’s wifi after configuration of the wireless network settings following which it broadcasts extended wireless signal of your current home router or Access point network.
Before proceeding to setup the Linksys extender RE6400, ensure certain points:
- Keep the current home network or access point’s wireless settings handy in order to connect to their wireless network name SSID and password to extend the wireless signals.
- Reset the Linksys wifi extender RE6400 by press and hold of the factory reset button located on the extenders’ panel for about 5 to 10 minutes. Keep holding the reset button until the LED starts blinking ensuring restoring of factory default settings.
- Plug the extender to the power outlet by attaching is power adapter and turn it on. let the Power status LED become stable as the extender boots.
Linksys extender RE6400 setup and configuration steps:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the Linksys wifi extender RE6400 and the computer at the LAN ports of both devices.
- Launch a web browser on the connected computer to allow Linksys extender login.
- Enter extender.Linksys.com in the browser’s URL bar to route to login page.
- To avoid domain login via extender.linksys.com, make use of the default IP address 192.168.1.1 for Linksys extender RE6400 login instead.
- The Linksys RE6400 extender Setup screen gets routed automatically on first time Linksys extender login attempt.
- The Linksys setup wizard takes you through Linksys extender setup process guiding using onscreen instructions.
- Select your current home wireless network SSID when asked to, if you are trying to extend the dual band home router network, both 2.4 and 5GHz network bands SSID would be visible on displayed list.
- Connect to the wireless network passphrase for source router’s selected SSID above.
- As prompted, Opt to allow configuration of extended wireless network settings by Linksys range extender RE6400.
- Save the configured RE6400 extender settings.
- Click on Next.
- The spot finder gives indication of the location of Linksys RE6400 extender by examining the wireless signal strength between Linksys wifi extender and home router.
- The extender should be relocated at an optimal location as per the wifi signal strength.
- Position the RE6400n extender halfway between the home router and area with no wifi signals.
- Assign a Linksys RE6400 extender login password to secure Linksys extender login access.
- Save the Linksys RE6400 extender’s wifi configuration.
- Unplug the current home router as well as the Linksys RE6400 wifi extender from power source for about 30 seconds.
- Connect the router’s adapter to power source and turn it on.
- Simultaneously, follow connecting the Linksys RE6400 range extender to the power plug and turning it on.
- Let the power status LEDs on both router and the extender turn stable.
- The Linksys range extender RE6400 setup to synchronize with your home source router.
The Linksys extender RE6400 setup gets completed.